The manual analysis of a PIDOT file can be time consuming, experience-dependent and not easily reproducible, therefore the use of more automated analysis strategies is required. The software relies on specific algorithms and on a database of representative normal peripheral blood samples stained with the PIDOT panel and following standard operating procedures.
How was the reference database built?
EuroFlow™ collected normal peripheral blood samples stained with the PIDOT panel following EuroFlow™ SOPs. The samples were collected in different centers to reflect biological and technical variability regarding different laboratories, instruments and operators.
EuroFlow™ experts analyzed those normal samples and created a library of reference populations. When comparing a new sample with this database, all populations of the sample will be automatically identified.
How to compare a new case with EuroFlow™ PIDOT Database using Infinicyt™ Automated Gating & Identification tool?
- Compatible FCS file
Acquired using the EuroFlow™ SOPs for instrument set-up, sample preparation and antibody panel.
All events are automatically identified by clustering algorithms.
- Identification with EuroFlow Databases
Infinicyt™ automatically compares the clusters with EuroFlow™ Database:
– Clusters identical to cell populations included in the database are directly renamed with the name of those populations.
– Clusters that are not identical to the ones included in the database are assigned to Check Populations. The user has to review them and decide whether they are normal or abnormal.
- Automatic Report includes (click here to see an example)
– Frequency of each population with reference ranges.
– Relevant information for clinical routine automatically updated for each sample.
– Available in 13 different languages.
- van der Burg M, et al. The EuroFlow PID Orientation Tube for Flow Cytometric Diagnostic Screening of Primary Immunodeficiencies of the Lymphoid System. Front. Immunol. 2019 Mar; 10:246. Go to publication.
- van Dongen JJM, et al. EuroFlow-Based Flowcytometric Diagnostic Screening and Classification of Primary Immunodeficiencies of the Lymphoid System. Front. Immunol. 2019 Jun; 10:1271. Go to publication.