A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the user device when specific pages within a website are visited. Its functionality is storing and retrieving information about the navigation habits from that computer.
Cookies allow this web, among other things, store and retrieve information about user habits and decisions. Cytognos websites use it to personalize the experience within our sites, identify and remember the registered users and make the navigation experience easier.
You can set your browser to not accept cookies. Then, the personalization of the experience would not apply although you can still access the contents of our web normally.
At Wikipedia page is possible to obtain more information about what cookies are and how they work.
Cookies, according to their permanence, they may be divided into session cookies and permanent cookies. First group expire when user closes the browser. Second group expire when their purpose is accomplished (e.g. Keeping the user identified at Cytognos websites) or when are manually deleted. Additionally, depending on their goal, cookies may be classified as follows:
- Performance Cookies: This type of cookie remembers your preferences for configurable tools within website, so is not necessary to reconfigure the service every time you use it. E.g.
- Adjusting volume of audio or video players.
- Language settings
- Geolocation Cookies: These cookies are used to know which country is been a web visited or a service requested from. This cookie is completely anonymous, and it is only used to rate visits location.
- Registration Cookies: registration cookies are generated once the user has been registered or logged in as user, and they are used to identify user in the website and services with the following objectives: Keep the user identified so that, if you close a service, web browser or computer, and later, re-enters the service or website, you will be automatically identified, thus facilitating navigation without having to identify again. This functionality can be deleted if the user click on the feature “Exit”, so that this cookie is deleted and the next time user enters the website, it will be necessary have to log in to be connected. Checks if the user is authorized to access certain services, for example, to participate in a contest.
- Analytical Cookies: Each time a user visits a website or web service, an external provider (Google Analytics, comScore …) generates an analytic cookie on the user’s device . This cookie is only generated in the visit, and it will identify anonymously to user in following visits.
Important: Unless user has a registered user account on any Cytognos SL website, the cookie will never associate with any personal information that can identify user. These cookies will only be used for statistical purposes to help optimizing the user experience on the site.
Most current browsers allow users to configure cookies. These adjustments are typically located on the ‘ Options ‘ or ‘ Preferences ‘ menu of your browser. These are the instructions to set cookies in the major browsers:
- Chrome: Settings > Show Advanced Options > Privacy > Content Settings.
- For more information, please consult the Google support or Help browser.
- Firefox: Tools > Options > Privacy > History > Custom Settings.
- For more information, please refer to the Mozilla support or Help browser.
- Internet Explorer: Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Settings.
- For more information, please refer to the Microsoft support or Help browser.
- Safari: Preferences > Security.
- For more information, please refer to the Apple Support or Help browser.