Effective starting: May 25th , 2018
Last update: Nov 6th, 2019
Cytognos recognizes the importance of protecting your personal information and is committed to processing it responsibly and in compliance with applicable data protection laws.
Our personal information handling policy and procedures have been developed in line with the requirements of the 1995 European Union Data Protection Directive (Directive 95/46/EC) and the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation 2016/679) and applicable national law.
3.1 We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and our products and when you purchase goods and services from us. The personal data we process includes:
- your name, your work address, email address and/or phone number
- your username, serial number and password
- your job title
- your payment and delivery details, including billing, delivery addresses, transport account, credit card details, where you make purchases from us
- information related to your equipment
- any other information you provide
3.2 We collect and process personal data about you when you apply for a job with us. The personal data we process includes:
- your name, home address and/or phone numbers
- your capacities
- other information contained within your CV or other documents or information you submit to us
- financial information
- information to confirm your identity
We can collect your information in different ways:
- If you contact us directly via our www.cytognos.com o www.infinicyt.com, via our customer hotlines, via email or fax to request information about our products and services.
- If you as a provider or customer contact us via one of the aforementioned channels.
- If you buy a product or service directly from us.
- If you contact Cytognos through our distributors.
- If you buy a product or service from us via the Broker channel, or from one of our Partners or Retailers.
- If you reply to our direct marketing campaigns, e.g. filling out a form in our websites.
- If, with your permission where necessary, your contact details are passed to us by a third party, e.g. recruitment agencies.
- If you contact us through social media. We may also obtain it from your public profiles available online
Cytognos products and services are addressed to flow cytometry professional adults, therefore we will not treat your data if you are under 16 years old.
5.1 We process the personal data listed in paragraph 3.1 above for the following purposes:
- Compliance of contractual relationship, as required to establish and fulfil a contract with you, if you make a purchase one of our products or enter into an agreement to provide or receive services.
- Compliance with applicable law and regulation, including but not limited to monitor any customer account to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law and/or our legitimate interests.
- Order processing and payments, we may use your data to process your orders, including verify your identity and address, taking payments, communicating with you and arranging the delivery. We may also use third parties to check the validity of your account number and card number in order to prevent fraud, in accordance with our legitimate interests.
- Provide customer support and resolve technical issues you encounter, to respond to your requests for assistance, enquiries and analyze information.
- Investigate complaints, to respond and investigate to any comments or complaints we may receive from you or third parties, about our website or our products or services.
- Personalize your experience, we may use information you provide to personalize our communications and improve our support, websites and products or services for you, in accordance with our legitimate interests.
- Legitimate interests to protect Cytognos´ legitimate business interests and legal rights, including but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance with regulatory and investigative purposes.
- Surveys we may use your information to invite you to take part in market research or surveys.
- Direct marketing, we may also send you direct marketing in relation to relevant products and services. You can unsubscribe at any time following the information provided in the corresponding message.
5.2 We process the personal data listed in paragraph 3.1 above for the following purposes:
- Compliance with applicable law and regulation to enable us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and prevent and detect fraud and other wrongdoing.
- Recruitment process, to participate in the recruitment, analyze your data and make recruitment decisions.
- Legitimate interests to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
We collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable laws. The legal bases depend on the kind of relationship with you, therefore we only collect and use your information where:
- We need your data to perform a contract, e.g. to supply you with required goods and/or services, provide customer support and fulfil an obligation under an employee contract.
- Legitimate interest we may process your data when it satisfies a legitimate reason of Cytognos which is not overridden by your data protection interests, e.g. to market and promote the products and services and to protect our legal rights and interests.
- When you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose.
- Compliance with legal obligations, we need to process your data when it is legally required.
We may share your personal data with our professional advisors such as our auditors and external legal and financial advisors. We can also share your data with government authorities if required by law or in case it is necessary for the protection of our legitimate interest in compliance with the applicable laws.
All your data is stored on secure servers or secure physical copies of our property or our suppliers inside the European Economic Area, and it necessary to apply for our security criteria and policies or other equivalent of our suppliers in order to access to your data.
We may share your personal data with authorized resellers and/or distributors in order to carry out the purposes stated on clause 5.1. Third parties will comply with the GDPR and sign appropriate agreements.
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information and the relationship between you and Cytognos, as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible (for example, because the information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
- Customers, we will keep your information for the length of any contractual relationship you have with us we may also be required to retain certain information to meet with legal and regulatory requirements. Your data for marketing purposes we will kept until you unsubscribe from our informative communications and direct marketing.
- Prospective customer and you have expressly consented to us contacting you, we will only retain your data until you unsubscribe from our communications.
- Candidates job position, your data will be preserved until the job vacancy has been filled or until you exercise your right to delete or restrict your data. Your data will not be kept for a period longer than two (2) years without being updated.
We will not keep your personal information for any purpose for longer than is necessary and will only retain the personal information that is necessary in relation to the purpose. We are also required to retain certain information as required by law or for as long as is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, e.g. fiscal, commercial, prevention of money laundering resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
You have rights available to you when it comes to your information. Below is a summary of those rights and how to exercise them:
- Right to limitation or opposition where you have consented to us using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, clicking the unsubscribe button on any communication we have sent to you or by contacting us.
- Right to rectification if the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us and ask us to correct or supplement it.
- Right to portability, you also have the right, with some exceptions and qualifications, to ask us to provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you.
- Right to access, where you have provided your data to us and it is processed by automated means, you may be able to request that we provide it to you in a structured, machine readable format.
If you have any questions in relation to our use of your information you can contact Cytognos via
- email email@example.com
- telephone +34 923125067 or fax
- or by writing at:
Polígono La Serna, Nave 9,
37900 Santa Marta de Tormes,
Your exercise of these rights is subject to certain exemptions to safeguard the public interest, our interests and the rights of third parties. If you exercise any of these rights, we will verify that you are really entitled to do so, and we will respond within the deadline.
If you are dissatisfied with our use of your information or our response to any exercise of these rights, you have the right to complain under the relevant authority.